Arts et Métiers trains engineers capable of designing and producing environmentally friendly products and systems, but also of managing an industrial organization while controlling risks and costs.
Its Bordeaux campus offers:
- Training courses dedicated to the space sector: a 3rd year expertise since 2003 and a Specialized Master since 2006.
- Numerous student projects have been supervised in connection with space since the 2000s, supported today by the student association EUROAVIA Bordeaux, partner of the Youth Committee of the French Aeronautics and Astronautics Association, 3AF Bordeaux Sud-Ouest.
Bordeaux INP – ENSEIRB MATMECA, through its multidisciplinary positioning at the crossroads of electronics, computer science, telecommunications and digital simulation, trains engineers at the heart of the challenges of digital transformation, with specialties clearly displayed in its fields:
- Specialization options tailored to industrial and innovation-oriented market opportunities.
- Broad coverage of fundamental and space-related concepts.
- Innovative projects: base station for nano-satellites, antennas, RF receiver, radio-software.
Young aeronautics and space enthusiasts have been meeting since 2010 in the EirSpace club.
ESTIA trains generalist engineers in the field of product and system design, more particularly in robotics and connected systems, with an industrial organisation and management component.
ESTIA is active in the aerospace field with:
- Act in Space, biennial hackathon co-organized with CNES and Aerospace Valley.
- An entrepreneurial culture, in particular with the incubation of start-ups from the space industry (ESA BIC).
- Numerous student aerospace projects have been supervised for more than 10 years.
- A dynamic aerospace student association, ESTI’Aéro.
ISAE-ENSMA trains R&D or design office engineers, for transport and energy with a strong aerospace component, by offering:
- Teachings dedicated to the space field throughout the training: thermochemistry of non-real gases, engines and propellants, advanced propulsion, space mechanics and orbital propulsion, satellite design, design of space transport systems, launchers and carrier rockets, history of space.
- Numerous student projects, supervised or with the ESP – Ensma Space Project club, for more than 10 years.
Sciences Po Bordeaux, Bordeaux Institute of Political Studies, is developing a “Defence & Aerospace” training and dissemination centre through:
- A dedicated chair, since 2014, with space partners (ArianeGroup, Dassault Aviation, CEA/DAM, Safran, Thales) and national, European and international cooperation (EU/SatCent/Madrid, UN Rep. /Geneva, ESA, etc.).
- Training and dissemination activities incorporating strategic space issues.